Thursday 12 April 2012

Welcome to Choose a Care Home Blog

Welcome to the first posting on this new blog.  

I am a nurse and have worked in Care Homes in the UK for over twenty years.  I have worked my way right up to senior management positions.
I have often had to show people around the homes in which I have worked when people are looking for a care home either for themselves or a loved one.  This has made me appreciate what a difficult decision this can be and often people are unsure what to look for, what questions to ask and how to tell if the Care Home provides good care.
This is why I have decided to start this blog - to help people who are having to make this difficult decision.

I am currently employed full time and so am unsure how much spare time I can commit to this blog but I will endeavour to post at least weekly on a Thursday as I generally have this day off.
I hope that this blog will prove to be invaluable and look forward to hearing from others experiences.

2 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant article. It will help a lot of people. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    Old peoples home kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Nice and informative, I really enjoyed reading it and will certainly share this post with my friends.
    care homes wolverhampton

    ReplyDelete